Program Director: Dr. Anne-Claire Fisher
The MSED in inclusive special education, available as a 100% online program only, is designed to help teachers meet the ever-changing demands of diverse classrooms and may be completed by teachers with certification in nearly any area or grade level.
This degree prepares candidates for the special education certification in K-12.
The admission committee reviews the following in considering candidates for this program:
- Initial (or pending) Teaching certificate in elementary or secondary education
- Note: Candidates can be admitted prior to initial certification with a grace period of one semester from the start of the program to complete certification.
- Official transcripts of all prior college work (3.00/4.00 GPA)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview and writing sample
NOTE: State law requires SBU to collect immunization records from students taking six or more credit hours in any semester.
|EDUC-500||RESEARCH METHODS IN THE EDUCATION PROFESSION||3|
|READ-550||TCHNG LINGUISTICALLY/CULTURALLY DIVERSE||3|
|SPED-503||EVAL & MEAS FOR INCLUS EDUC||3|
|SPED-504||COLLABORATION AND TRANSITION FOR INCLUSIVE EDUCATION||3|
|SPED-510||INST DESIGN & STRATEGIES||3|
|SPED-511||FOUNDATIONS OF INCLUSIVE EDUC||3|
|SPED-515||TECHNOLOGY FOR INCLUSIVE EDUC||3|
|SPED-520||INSTRUCTIONAL PRACTICES FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES||3|
|SPED-525||CLASSROOM & BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT||3|
|SPED-590||GRADUATE INTERNSHIP FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION||3|